Mini Chocolate Dessert with Persimmon and Bourbon Whipped Cream
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS.
I KNEW IT… YOU MISSED BEING NAUGHTY.
Guys, over the years, I’ve ’collected’ a good amount of Weck jars. They’re ohmygosh so adorable! I love love love them! I have them in different shapes and sizes. They’re totally versatile, cute to boot, and completely reliable. They’re like… well… my PIE (Partner In Everything,) Eric. I’m sure he’s so smiling right now as he reads ALL my posts. Well, what can I say he’s sort of my editor, you know 🙂
So, since I’m going to keep my posts this week short. I mean really, you guys wouldn’t like me to talk (or write) so much! Like you have time for it. You’re busy. It’s a Christmas week. Come on… I’m keeping my time in my cozy but I-so-love-you kitchen short as well. …Okay back up, I was talking about my Weck jars right? Yes, them… and keeping our cooking time short since it’s almost Christmas. That’s pretty much the purpose of my post today. Hence, Mini Chocolate Dessert with Persimmon and Bourbon Whipped Cream. The title is long, however the product is short and sweet 🙂 Clever!
I’m in love with Persimmon. Awesome fruit you guys. You have to try it. Wait, have you tried my Persimmon Margarita? If you haven’t you really should 🙂 Anyways… today I’m making a simple but fun dessert. It involves chocolate and the mighty persimmon fruit, cream… AND bourbon. It’s decadent, but since you’re serving them in mini Weck jars, you don’t have to feel too guilty (or naughty) serving them to your guests. It’s a perfect sized dessert! Not to mention, it has the cute factor. If you make this for your friends, they will thank you and probably ask you to share your recipe 🙂 Well, it’s Christmas after all. Be generous. Share.
- For chocolate dessert
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise (I use Hampton Creek, Just Mayo)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 persimmon, skinned, cored and puréed
- For bourbon whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- In a saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, milk, mayo, cream, sugar and coffee over medium heat until well combined and have a thicker consistency, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla to the cream mixture, and whisk until the chocolate is melted. Yielding approximately 2-1/2 cups. Evenly pour and divide the mixture between six 5 ounce (mini) Weck jars, set aside. Once cool to the touch, chill in the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
- While waiting for the chocolate dessert to set, make the whipped cream. In a cold, beat cream, sugar and bourbon until soft peaks form.
- Serve chocolate dessert with a dollop of whipped cream and persimmon purée. And if you have some extra persimmon fruit, cut into small dices and place on top (along with a chocolate chip, to achieve that cute factor.)